Business Account - Upgrade to receive payment

Vicky9989
New Community Member
I sold an item; the buyer has been sent and has received the item, confirmed by royal mail. The payment is still pending. I got an email about upgrading my account to a business account by having the buyer send me more money and me send it back once my account is upgraded, for my money to then be released. I have not heard anything from PayPal for 3 days now, I have been emailing support with no response. I have no idea what to do now. Is the buyer supposed to just send the money normally? Am I supposed to do something? Are PayPal supposed to? I’m so confused. I need the money for Christmas. Will the payment be released in the 21 days? Please help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vicky9989 

SURE ITS NOT THIS SCAM?

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vicky9989
New Community Member
Thank you for using PayPal for your online auctions. Sorry for any inconvenience and delay in crediting of your account we want you to know that your fund is safe with PayPal. The verification of the tracking details has been completed and confirmed by our Tracking Verification Unit but we encounter a little problem while crediting your PayPal account now. You have a pending payment of £470.00 GBP but we are having problem crediting your account with that amount because the status of your PayPal account is not a business user which makes your account to be limited and this will not make us to credit your account until you expand your limit.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vicky9989 

Yep 100% scam, now they have the item they are trying to scam you further by getting you to 'send' funds to upgrade and receive payment.

You NEVER have to do that.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.