Blocking orders from specific countries

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a very bad history of fulfillment of orders from a certain country.  I want to block orders from it.  I can't find how to do that.

Any instructions on how to find this on the labyrinth that is PayPal's website?  I'm guessing the answer is, "you can't," but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.  🙂  Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @khurasanminis,

Thank you for your post, and welcome back to the community!

The feature that you request is not available. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor
But if I refund orders from that country, don’t I have to go out of pocket for the PayPal fee?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @khurasanminis,

That is correct. Fees charged for transfer are not refunded as the funds were transferred on the platform, regardless of whether or not they are refunded. Fees for Goods and Services payments are the responsibility of the seller.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor
Can you at least block individual buyers?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @khurasanminis,

Thinking about this further, though I don't know enough about this to recommend anything specific, it's possible that a third-party shopping cart solution may work to accomplish what you describe. If there isn't an out-of-the-box solution that exists, there may be the ability to create a custom solution that blocks payments with the parameters you choose.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.