Bank won't transfer money to Paypal, how can I top up my balance?

northern_lass
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same Paypal account linked to the same current account (Nationwide) for more than 15 years. Up to a couple of months ago, I could log into Nationwide and send money to my Paypal balance instantly. I like to keep a reasonable balance in my Paypal account. Then suddenly, for no reason, when I tried to transfer funds to Paypal, Nationwide returned the money immediately into my current account. I called Nationwide, they said it must be a problem at the Paypal end. So I phoned Paypal, and guess what, they blamed Nationwide. They had no record of an attempted transfer so they said they couldn't have blocked it. All the reference numbers were checked and were correct. I opened complaints with both banks but they were closed after several weeks without resolution, both sides still blaming the other! It was irritating but at the time I could go into Paypal and pull funds from Nationwide (it took longer but at least it worked) but now that option seems to have vanished and the only option is to go into my bank account to transfer funds to Paypal. So basically, after 15 years of no issues at all, I now have no way of transferring funds into my Paypal balance. I have no idea what to do, and I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem? Any help appreciated!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.