Bank account type is checking

Kent1725
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new to paypal and I'm just wondering why my bank account type seems to be 'checking' when I linked it to my paypal account. I don't know if I have to wait for something or I just need to configure something else because it seems I cant confirm my newly linked bank account.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

JP02
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
Thanks for the reply, how long does it usually take PayPal to deposit into my bank account for verification? I've read in the FAQ that it's usually up to 3 business days but I have been waiting for 6 days and nothing.

Lastly, once I've selected "wallet" and clicked the bank account, will the button/link for confirmation only appear once the required amount has been deposited into my bank account? I'm asking because whenever I navigate to the said page, I only see two buttons/links which says: "give it a nickname" or "remove bank"
Screenshot of Wallet/Bank tabScreenshot of Wallet/Bank tab

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JP02 

Firstly looks as if it is already linked and ready for use as not all countries have to wait for a code to go to their bank account.

Secondly checking just means its a checking account and not a savings account.

Read this link which is a Philippines one and if you look further down at their linked bank account it also says checking as its a checking account type.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/brc/article/link-bank-account

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JP02
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
I see, so that means the Bank account is already linked? Thank you. I have limited knowledge about banks and PayPal so I didn't notice earlier.

But then why is my PayPal account still unverified? I couldn't receive/transfer payments from crowdsourcing platforms I work on because apparently only verified accounts could receive or transfer funds. I tried looking in the Help Center, but:Clipboard02.jpg

When I click on the link it just takes me to my Account/Profile settings. Do I need to do something else to verify my account? I've already confirmed my E-mail address and mobile number. I do not have a Passport, Driver's License, or a National ID. Would I have to get one of these to verify my PayPal account? Thanks again for the help.

Login to Me Too

Mrcknth24
I'm having the same problem. Can someone guide us please?
Login to Me Too

caivelcru
Just curious, why does the paypal account automatically indicate checking account even when the linked bank account is a savings? Won't there be any problems with that?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@caivelcru 

You would need to ask customer services that question, Paypal does a lot of strange things !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

normsarwa38
Contributor
Contributor

Iwant add to paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.