Bank account type is checking

Kent1725
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new to paypal and I'm just wondering why my bank account type seems to be 'checking' when I linked it to my paypal account. I don't know if I have to wait for something or I just need to configure something else because it seems I cant confirm my newly linked bank account.

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Yolo1669
Contributor
Contributor
I have done every step possible for my account to receive payment but still it hasn't been solved. I even mailed but just got automated reply & not an actual response from paypal
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Nick

Hi @Yolo1669,

I'm sorry to hear that. You'll want to reach out to our customer service for assistance with this issue: @AskPayPal on Twitter, or Facebook Messenger: https://www.messenger.com/t/PayPalUSA, or contact PayPal Support at https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us.

~Nick
Login to Me Too

snltodkar
New Community Member

@kernowlass Link is not working anymore.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snltodkar 

Link works fine.

However the link was posted for the original poster who is in the Philippines, so as you haven't said what country you are in i can't post one for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cherrypies
Could you please help me? Or anyone in the know who could reply to this? I'm living in Israel. As you can understand, I was very hesitant to link my bank account, as I didn't order an international credit card not knowing the coronavirus coming. I linked my bank account but it says checking? Is it like checking my bank? Needs confirmation? I checked my bank app and so far nothing. And I tried buying things, on a game? Tried linking PayPal to it. But it isn't working. And I also tried linking PayPal to my android Playstore account so spendings are easier but it didn't work. Though for google play store, does it affect if I have the play store on US? Since PayPal is made with a bank from Israel? (I live here and there.) Would appreciate a reply, thank you!
Login to Me Too

cnbesin13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sir, kernowlass

My bank status also says CHECKING

But 11 days ago I already transferred my money from Paypal to my bank account.

It already says COMPLETED in Paypal, but i did not receive anything in my bank account?

Please help.

Login to Me Too

SilverScar00
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am having the same problem. I've linked my bank account a month ago but it still is on checking so I tried removing it and added it again today. I'm from the Philippines. I've done the steps written on the link, but I have not received an email that notifies me of two small deposits and one withdrawal. Hope you can help. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

atgallentes

Where exactly is the solution????

Login to Me Too

JP02
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from the same country as OP, and experiencing the same problem. It says that I need to link my bank account in order to verify my PayPal account. I have put in the required information and my bank account is still "checking". My PayPal account is still "unverified". The process is confusing and it would help if someone could clarify this for me. I've been waiting for a week and I have not received anything in order to complete the process of linking my bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JP02 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/faq3045

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.