BALANCE OR MONEY ON HOLD

Rey3131
New Community Member
Hi, I have a friend who will give me money. He said I created a PayPal account when I created it. He sent me the money and the money is on hold. How can I do so that it is no longer on hold?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rey3131 

How can I get access to my money faster?

You can help to release the eligible payments by following one of the below steps:

• Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 1 day after the courier confirmed delivery.
  • Update the order status if the held payment is for a service, intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book) or payment that does not require shipping and you'll get your money in 7 days

Otherwise, the payment will be released up to 21 days after you received it, provided there aren't any issues with your transaction or account. 

Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status: 

1. Go to your Activity
  2. Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money
  3. If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly. 
  4. If you sold an intangible item or service or don’t need tracking, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status. 
  5. Click Submit

Then you may optionally ask sender to confirm receipt 48 hrs later:

How do I confirm receipt of an item?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.