Avoid auto-converting and withdrawal in the default currency of the country

Julesxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Is it possible to withdraw $ from my palpal account to my currency card in dollars if I’m from Ukraine? When I try to withdraw money from PayPal account to the USD bank account, it auto-converts the final transaction to UAH. How to avoid it?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Julesxxx 

Withdrawals to bank accounts is always in the default countries currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yurolex
Contributor
Contributor
But some two or three weeks we could withdraw USD to USD debit cards without conversion
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yurolex 

I wasn't talking about cards, I was talking about bank accounts.

The original poster stated....

When I try to withdraw money from PayPal account to the USD bank account,

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yurolex
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, what about he cards then? Is it possible to omit conversion when withdrawing USD to debit cards in USD?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@yurolex,

It depends which currency the card is registered in. If your card is in USD and you're withdrawing in Euros, you will be subject to a conversion. You cannot change the currency of the card for every withdrawal you make to suit your preference. PayPal can update the currency of the card to one currency of your choice, but this will not be changed every time. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

yurolex
Contributor
Contributor
No, I never changed the currency. I realize that CaD an EUR are subject to conversion, but when I withdraw USD to my USD card, PayPal converts USD to UAH which is then at some point by some other party converted beach to USD. Any advice on how I can withdraw USD to USD card without double conversion?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@yurolex, 

It sounds like your card issuer is converting your money not PayPal. If your card is set already in USD, then is not PayPal doing the conversion. Please note that card issuers can convert currencies after the money is sent from PayPal, this is out of our control. I would check with them. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

yurolex
Contributor
Contributor
Many thank. I sure will do this.
Login to Me Too

yurolex
Contributor
Contributor
Well, nothing changed. PayPal still converts USD to UAH, even after I confirmed my cards 🤷🏻‍♂️. Any other ideas to help? Maybe I should contact PayPal support somehow?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.