Authorization in progress

gsryang
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I purchased an item from Facebook marketplace and used my PayPal as the payment method but after placing my order the transaction type on my PayPal app shows as “authorization in progress”. Is this an issue through my bank or the marketplace/seller?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @gsryang,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Normally an authorization will settle around 5-7 days when the merchant ships the product you've purchased. If you still have not received the package or seen the authorization captured, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support for further assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @gsryang,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Normally an authorization will settle around 5-7 days when the merchant ships the product you've purchased. If you still have not received the package or seen the authorization captured, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support for further assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.