Authentication Loop

Temp20220801d
New Community Member

Hi All,

I'm trying to send money to a friend but seem to be stuck in some sort of authentication loop.
I select the friend, then the amount, then PayPal sends me an authentication code, I enter the code, it tells me "identity confirmed" and then wants to send me another code.

I have tried 5 codes on the trot but still stuck in the loop.

Please help

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

AndyB10
New Community Member

I have the same problem - all day today and the same last Friday - 

Login to Me Too

james250921
New Community Member

Same here. I tried all day yesterday and today, still the same

Login to Me Too

Nfdwrk
New Community Member

I also noted by chance that is related to the amount I am trying to send. If I put in a tenth of the amount, allows me to continue. So it is some sort of technical issue / useless adjustment. It is not a new beneficiary and is an amount in line with previous transfers.

Login to Me Too

boekmetnaam
Contributor
Contributor

And still?

What are you guys doing over there at Paypal?
I understand that this is costing you a lot of money (more then your customers) and that you have an interest in resolving this.
But it also costs me money every day because the dollar is rising every day.
This can't be such a big problem that it's not solved after 3 days, can it?

Login to Me Too

simmzy
Contributor
Contributor

Ive got the same problem 

Login to Me Too

Slimspots
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same issue that i get logged out from the account when i try to send money. Support does not know anything about that issue and is not interested in providing a solution. Instead of it they told me to use a other way to pay the invoices... lol. So absolutely 0 Rating for this support Chat. I opened a Ticket for Merchant Technical Support, but no reply after 24h so far. It would be very helpful in case of technical issues that the support chatters get informed about that, so they can tell the customers whats wrong, instead i spend lots of time in that completely useless supportchat. Thanks for nothing Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Tet12
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem since today. I‘ve got new laptop and phone today and tried to send a payment from the laptop first, then from the new phone, then from my old devices. I am also stuck in the loop...
Login to Me Too

kotnik101

The same issue here. The only solution is to divide funds into smaller amounts, but that is much more costly due to fees. Judging from other threads this has been on-going for days, no fix from Paypal yet.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.