An unmarked fee was taken from a payment meant for the recipient.

Dvvvi
Contributor
Contributor
I am aware that PayPal takes a fee from most payments, however, I had a fee of $1.15 taken from a payment to someone, not my card, the actual amount sent, and neither the email confirmation nor the PayPal app aknowledges this fee (it says that the full amount will be received by the sender). I'm wondering why this was taken from the full amount and why the fee wasn't specified on any of the receipts, I'm hoping I can get this solves.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dvvvi 

Was it a friends/family or goods/services payment ie which option did you select to send the funds?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sarnia1972
Contributor
Contributor
It was friends and family and sent to a phone number
Login to Me Too

Dvvvi
Contributor
Contributor
It was a Services payment.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dvvvi 

Then you send the payment and paypal auto deduct their fee with the remainder being credited to the sellers Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dvvvi
Contributor
Contributor
I'm curious why it wasn't marked? The email receipt specified that the person I sent to would receive the amount I sent exactly, I'm a bit curious why it doesn't inform you of the fee so you can adjust accordingly, is that perhaps a mistake?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dvvvi 

They would receive the full amount you sent, and then Paypal takes their fee.

All payments sent using the goods/services option incur a fee, that is how paypal pay their staff and fund the service they provide.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.