Air bnb has sent a payment to my previous PayPal email address

OliJeacock
Contributor
Contributor
Air bnb has sent me money over to my old email address PayPal and even though its the same account but a different email it hasn’t come through and I’m unable to log in with the old email address now. How do I get the funds? Air bnb have said they’ve sent it from their side
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OliJeacock 

Can you 'add' the old email address to your Paypal account and verify it, if so the funds should show up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OliJeacock
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. Would that work even if I can’t access the old email address?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OliJeacock 

Sadly not.

If you can't access it and the account linked to it was closed it should show as unclaimed on the sender's side, if they can't cancel then it should time out at 30 days.

However if you speak to customer services they may be able to recover and claim the funds for you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.