Additional charge from Fastspring for Paypal transaction

lovecommunity
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I paid for a renewal fee for a VM to a US provider, this time they are using FastSpring as 3rd party payment processor (previously direct to Paypal).

Here is the flow :

Me >> FastSpring > Paypal >>FastSpring >> VM provider

My Invoice was $27.98 but they charged me higher that was divided in two transactions, in total for $40.78, here is the breakdown :

1. First transaction was $10 with merchant name = "PAYPAL *FASTSPRING) 

2. Second transaction was $30.78 with merchant name = "PP*FASTSPRING"

They put an Additional 10% Tax into the second transaction.

The problem are :

1. The first transaction was not shown/ listed on the Paypal Summary page so I can not questioning this "addition" transaction.

2. I never acknowledged the first transaction

I can not ask for dispute since it was not listed on Paypal Summary page.

Either Paypal team and FastSpring can not find this $10 transaction.

How is that even possible since all my credit card credentials are store under Paypal.

How can Fastspring charge me while the credential is stored under Paypal side.

Is this acceptable? Isn't this against Paypal TOS?

What should I do now?

Please suggest me.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lovecommunity 

Usually a billing agreement is involved with these situations which is set up in your PayPal automatic payments profile to the point that you authorize the merchant to charge you.

You should speak with the merchant asking them what the $10 charge is for and get them to issue a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lovecommunity
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @sharpiemarker It was not an automatic payment but manual action instead. On the billing page, the only amount that was shown only $30.78 and nothing else. My concern is, how can they charged me for something I did not know, did not authorize and even not listed on Paypal summary page. I assume Paypal will easily give my card credential to any 3rd party payment processor, and that is not safe.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @lovecommunity,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing this issue with your account. @sharpiemarker was correct in stating that it is likely a billing agreement that is involved with those transactions. Many merchants will set up a billing agreement when a purchase is made. It gives them authorization to charge a specific funding source when a purchase is made with them in the future. You can view steps on how to manage your automatic payments by visiting the link here.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.