Adding money to my paypal account with bancontact

Denz1l1
New Community Member

So basically i tried to add money from my bank account to my Paypal.

It didn't work but i got charged 25 euro's on my bankaccount, and so now I don't have

25 dollars on my paypal account?

I don't know what happened. Is this normal? Is paypal going to give it back in a couple workdays?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Denz1l1 

You get charged a fee for a failed bank transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi, @Denz1l1. I'm sorry to hear you've had any difficulty adding money to your PayPal account from your bank account. What @kernowlass is correct, but that applies to transfers out of a PayPal account to a bank account. For your situation, if there's no transaction in your PayPal account Activity, PayPal would be unaware of the transaction and we would have no reason to charge a fee.

It sounds like you tried to add 25 euros to your PayPal account, and your bank placed a debit on your bank statement for that amount, but nothing showed up in your PayPal account. The best approach would be to work with your bank to see if they can recall the money. You can contact PayPal's Customer Service, but it's not possible to address a customer's concern without a transaction in our System.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.