Adding funds to my PayPal balance - Why so slow?!?

DavidJPL
Contributor
Contributor

When adding money into my PayPal balance, I get this confirmation:
"Processing usually takes 3-5 business days but may vary by bank."
And the actual date estimate is a full 7 days later including a weekend.
* WHY SO SLOW?!? *
PayPal offers Instant and next-day type withdrawals FROM my PayPal balance, but I don't see anything similar to deposit money TO my PayPal balance?  You would think that they would desire this to get my funds in their hands faster.  Even a next-day ACH type option would be nice to quickly fund my PayPal balance.
Does anyone know if I am missing anything or if PayPal has any plans to add this ability? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DavidJPL 

Paypal bank transfers are never instant as they use electronic and not wire transfers...cheaper for them.

So when you pay a seller its never instant, paypal credit the seller on your behalf and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to paypal to reimburse them.

That can be up to 5-7 days BUT the funds leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later, then go via ACH in batches.

However for refunds funded from a sellers bank account / adding funds to your balance or for some friends/family payments its you that takes the wait for the transfer to complete.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.