Adding funds to PayPal from VERIFIED bank

Beadmaster
Contributor
Contributor

I can find no information on this, only the opposite, to transfer funds from PayPal to a bank. I don't need that at the moment.

The problem is my PayPal account has no option to add funds from my bank. The only thing I can do is either ask friends for donations to fund my account, use my verified bank account through PayPal or my credit card through PayPal.

Asking friends for donations is, of course, unacceptable The latter two options are unacceptable, because then I really don't need PayPal. If I'm going to pay with my credit card, I can just...pay with my credit card.

I don't need the added headaches and messing around to figure out what transactions were when and for what. This is why I want to use PayPal to begin with. I want to add money from my bank to PayPal, a budget of maybe $20 at a time for planned purchases, and then I don't have to figure out what I bought when or keep checking the account. Because it's less secure if I use any other method through PayPal, anyway, if my account gets hacked and someone goes directly to my credit card or (worse) bank account and starts buying things. I've already had a debit card hacked and cloned, a card I gave to no one and never even used at an ATM, so I'm ultra sensitive now about entities like PayPal having unfettered access to my bank account that I haven't purposely set up myself. All I need is for someone to overdraw my checking account by hacking my account and making PayPal purchases and then that's on ME.

So the ONLY acceptable way is to fund the account as I choose, and I can't do that because even though my bank account is verified, I have no option to add funds via that bank. Nothing.

I use PayPal on a computer only. I have no need for an app. And if someone grabs my phone, good luck trying to access my bank accounts. They aren't there.

Am I better off just canceling PayPal and using a credit card directly if that's all PayPal is going to do, force me to use my credit card as a direct payment through PayPal? Why would I want to do pay that way, considering there is zero advantage of going through PayPal as opposed to paying directly with a credit card?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Beadmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you kindly, but I have no such option. That's why this issue is so frustrating. There is nothing at all. I can link a bank, link a card (which I already did both, as you can see from the screenshot), but I can't transfer money at all. The option is nonexistent. It's not a matter of figuring out how to do it, it's a matter of having no ability whatsoever.paypal2021-1114.jpg

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beadmaster 

Read the link properly, you won't have the add funds option until you set up a balance account as per the first line in the link i posted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Beadmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, and now I must be really dense because I don't see any way to do that? It says that all accounts are balance accounts and it doesn't say how to do it, not even at the link that's linked.

Well, it won't let me paste where I found this (just have to follow the link about it?) and it won't let me paste what it says here. It says that the account is already a balance account and one doesn't have to do anything. The only thing it talks about re: having a balance account is verifying the bank with the deposit amounts. I did that. Nothing else, no option anywhere that says to change the account to a balance account from a non balance account or to do something I haven't done. Not even a Google search says how to make a PayPal account a balance account, just that yes, the accounts exist, do the whole thing with verifying the bank and you've got it.

It's not on my "wallet" page, which is where I'd think it should be alerting me that the account is not a balance account.

Also, I went into the "more" option and it's not there, either. I would think if not on the "wallet" page it would be there if that were something I had to physically do? Options are as follows:

Get the new app

Add Honey for free

Donate to a cause

Get your PayPal debit card

Create a Fundraiser

Pay your bills

Add loyalty cards

Send bank deposits or cash

Send a gift

Split a bill

Reload prepaid phones

Set up Direct Deposit

===

That's it. Nothing sounds close and I've checked several of these options and nothing matches.

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

Beadmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I still must be incredibly dense.

So for the first issue, the only way I can see to do this is to pay fees so someone can send me money?

Second, everywhere I look, it says I need to do nothing, accounts have already been transferred over:

paypal balance accounts.jpg

"No, you don't need to do anything." I don't understand why I have to do something, when I "don't need to do anything"? And if the only way is to have someone send me money, why do I have to pay to get money in to have an account for which I "don't need to do anything"? I'm sorry for being so dense, but I don't understand this. According to the above, I already have this account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beadmaster 

The information you posted is about folks that already have a balance account (which was the old paypal cash and cash plus account now RENAMED balance account).

So if you had a paypal cash account its swapped to a balance account, ...NAME ONLY CHANGE.

But you have NOT opened a paypal cash account yet so do NOT yet have a paypal balance account do you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Beadmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I do. After going around in circles with PayPal telling me that my account was totally fine, one rep told me to create a whole new account. THIS is the new account.

The old account, which is over a decade old and may be over two decades old, has the exact same problem, though with different banks and email addresses. And it does have a balance, money that I was finally able to claim despite some PayPal glitch that kept it from being claimed for over a full year. I never even knew who had sent it, because by the time it stopped endlessly looping with some undefined error, that information was so old, it apparently had long expired, being over a full year old. And since it's not a new account, it should be a balance account, because as PayPal themselves have repeated, I "don't need to do anything," that my account is a balance account.

But it doesn't allow me to transfer money. There is no "transfer money" button. Nothing tells me what's wrong with it, PayPal apparently doesn't know or I wouldn't have been informed to start a whole new account (which I really, really didn't want to do) and the only way I can fund that old one is to beg my friends and acquaintances for money.

I figured starting fresh with a new account, as I was advised to do, would solve the problem, but since my old account is already a balance account, I go back to "what do I need to do to transfer money?" Because I'd much rather delete this one. I still have a balance in the old one that I can't use until I find something to buy for a similar amount, so the money just sits there and I don't want to keep creating account after account, don't even want more than one account. I only need one.

So considering I'd happily delete this useless one that I can't use until someone sends me money that will force me to pay fees, how do I make my ancient account into a balance account when I "don't have to do anything"?

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beadmaster 

To get a balance account you have to get sent money for an item OR apply for a paypal card (not sure which one as not in your country).

Then complete the i.d. requirements etc as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/pp-balance-tnc

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.