Adding funds from a prepaid visa card

misskeylara
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I purchased a prepaid visa card at a local grocery store and am trying to add the funds to my account to send to my fiancé's account since he is out of town, but it's not recognizing the card for some reason. I really need to send this money to him today. How am I able to put the funds on my account to send to him? Thanks in advance! Alli
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

SMcCandlish
Contributor
Contributor

Getting your money off a pre-paid card or a bank debit card is not a cash advance; it's a transfer of owned funds.  A cash advance is a loan (that is not a purchase) from a credit card.

It's rather pathetic that PayPal still, after years, has not resolved this basic usability problem of account funding, and is not providing proper customer support but trying to get people who don't really know what they're talking about to answer complicated questions that should be answered by trained PayPal staff.  In both cases, it's just weird and unprofessional.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.