Add PayPal in Google pay

Raulwe
Contributor
Contributor
There's an issue in adding PayPal in Google play how to fix??
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

chorabek

I solved the problem !!!

It's all about the personal details of your Google account and PayPal account.

Go to the Google account settings and fill in personal data such as address (street, city, zip code) and telephone number.

It is important that they are the same as on the Paypal account.

I entered the address in Google in the format: street 1/1, postal code city (without a comma), province

e.g. [removed]

I think this will solve a lot of people's problem 🙂

Login to Me Too

Thank you this worked for me now back to addictive spending money o shouldn't to complete game task 🤣🤣🤣
Login to Me Too

dont_youwish200
Contributor
Contributor
When on phone go to desktop site. It is above settings. Then go to play.google.com/store/account And add paypal,
Login to Me Too

zhel2
New Community Member

You can set up PayPal in Google Pay by going to https://play.google.com/store/paymentmethods or https://play.google.com then click on your avatar in the top right corner, then choose "Payments & Subscriptions," etc. If you try to add PayPal via pay.google.com ("pay", not "play"), you cannot add a PayPal account through there. Once you add it to Goggle Play, it will show up for Google Pay too.

Login to Me Too

Eifion
New Community Member
My bank does not allow Google pay to use it but PayPal does so I would add PayPal to Google pay so that my card can be used. It is an airplane points card
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eifion 

If that is an option in your country then...........

https://wise.com/us/blog/add-paypal-to-google-pay

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jwalts22
Contributor
Contributor

tldr at botttom

dont bother they are apprently removing this function come september anyways if you didnt know its becuase they havent sent out an email yet but its at the bottom of their website but not the mobile app. also you can no longer use venmo/venmodebit/any other paypal subsidairy or anythign having any connection to pay pal as a funding source to your paypal balance. even though theses terms dont go into effect until september they are starting to roll out this update on a case by case standard until then...source they denied my venmo transfer to fund my account no less than 12 hours after i did it before...and have been for over a year....said i needed to re-confirm my card....so they charged my venmo card(while it was disabled) to confirm it they said i had to go select the confirm button next tot hat debit card on my wallet....only thing is there was no button to which they said oh hold on one second if you dont see the button....then i had to re-log and poof it was there and then i received anotehr charge for confirmation on my venmo putting my balance under what i needed to send my paypal in order to use it to get a ride on lyft. only for them to then state are you ready for us to send over the confirmation code to "XYZphone number" um not my phone number so no dont send it over...dont worry we havent yet! then why did my venmo get charged twice with the confirmation code in the charge name...oh sometimes when you reconfirm a card it deniesany transactions for up to 48hrs....but i didnt need to ocnfirm the card 10 minutes ago or 12 hours ago yes but you asked to verify the card and we are doing so once we send it to your phone number to confirm its you....THEN HOW did i already get charged by venmo? well thats somethign youll have to bring up through their dispute process we suggest you contact them......much more to type fast forward 3 days to the 30th on july.....i get refunded by venmo for the charges to confirm my card again...meaning youre good to go! even though i got an email 3 days ago saying it was confirmed but whatever

and then i try to add funds to paypal.....ERROR sorry were having trouble with this....immediately get a respnose after almost 2 days of no respones from support....saying this

regarding to your Venmo card link to your PayPal the ability to access funds from your linked bank account or debit card through automatic top up feature for the debit card will no longer be available.
PayPal will be making changes to its US debit card portfolios in the coming months as we make efforts to promote funds In Engagement. As part of enhancements, we will be DEPRECATING AUTO TOP UP and BACK UP FUNDING source linked bank account and Debit card features for our PayPal Branded US consumer and business debit products. Regarding to the charges you are referring call Venmo to file dispute on their end.

and have received nothing since i went to use my google pay to do it and has been subsequenty removed from my wallet and heres the end of it

Login to Me Too

AetherAPX
New Community Member

My paypal kept saying that they can't add my Google Pay to my wallet and its been doing that ever since I signed up. Do I need to complete my verification details or its just a bug.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.