Account locked - trying to refund a person

cjlloyd13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Ive sent money via friends and family and they were hoping to refund the money to me but their account has now been locked for some reason? I have opened a dispute but is there another way they are able to send the money back to me even if their account is locked? I have been told they should just be able to call paypal and request the funds are refunded back to myself but unsure of how true this is? Was hoping it would be that simple.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @cjlloyd13

Welcome to the PayPal Community, 

To refund this payment with a locked account, this person would need to contact our customer service team for help. 

With regards to your case, there is no Buyer Protection applied to payments sent using the Family/Friends payment option. This is a gift payment and is not to be used for the purchase of items or services, including digital content. I'm afraid, if you chose this payment option we would be unable to help with a PayPal case and you will need to work with the other person directly, 

Thank you. 

-Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.