Account Setup

mim14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Any advice would be appreciated.

We are new to Paypal and almost 3 months later, we still cannot get the account properly setup, and hence no ability to start selling/paying via PayPal.

Repeated attempts with the Help Desk to discuss the issue results in 1) no response 2) put on hold permanently 3) tell me that it is working, yet it doesn't, 4) hangups 5) tells me they have put the issue to the technical team and try again in 24 hours (and of course it still doesn't work in 24 hours).

We are unable to transfer money from Paypal to our bank account. The error message says "amount is less than limit". Meanwhile both the settings and the help desk has confirmed that the limit is $1. Our transfer is a test transaction for a few dollars more.

Next help desk person, says that Paypal has sent an email requesting ID confirmation and this is the problem. Yet no email was received and there is nothing in the message center. Help desk resent the email. This was received and only indicated that there is a "new message" in message center...yet there is still nothing in the message center, no matter how many times it is refreshed and re-signed on.

The email address has been repeatedly rechecked (and tested) and it is fine. The limits on the account have been repeatedly checked and settings are all fine.  

So far, 8 calls to the help desk have resulted in nothing. No one solves the problem and typically abandons the call. I've been left "on-hold" for over 4 hours. 

I've tried "report a problem" in the Resolution Centre. That button goes nowhere. It doesn't activate anything.

Google says there is a "complaints" button in the footer. Yet there is nothing there

I've tried looking for a complaints department or somehow to escalate the issue - nothing.

Any ideas? At this point, the account may as well be closed. There is no point using Paypal.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mim14 

Are you withdrawing USD or CAD or any other currency?

Only funds in your balance have to be in your countries currency and cleared (not pending).

Also the name on the bank account has to exactly match the name on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mim14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - The funds are in Cdn and the bank account is Cdn. Name matches perfectly

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. Thank you @kernowlass for your help on this thread so far. We appreciate your time and assistance. 

@mim14, welcome back! Thanks for your reply. My apologies for the confusion on transferring your funds to your bank. The minimum amount you can withdraw to your bank account is $15.00 CAD. What's the amount you're trying to transfer?

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mim14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon

Paypal says I can withdraw the entire balance (when using automatic transfers) or a minimum of $1.00 when requesting a one time transfer. All help desk people confirmed this same information and based on the settings in the account, it indicates there are no restrictions. So..the $15 minimum does not make sense.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mim14 

Did you read this in the link for your country?

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cshelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-HELP394

The minimum amount you can withdraw to your bank account is $15.00 CAD.

Also the moderator that replied to your post works for Paypal and is way senior than 'call centre' staff.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mim14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  Thank you for the link. 

We have followed all those instructions too many times to even count. 

At the last discussion with the Help group, they blamed it on not-having photo ID on file. So that was fixed....and yet the problem continues. 

Very frustrated and can never seem to talk to one person who helps get the problem resolved from beginning to end. Always have to go through the entire story repeatedly. 

We do have an email confirmation from Paypal indicating all transfer limits have been removed in order to help solve the problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mim14 

Well if you read the link then surely you saw the bit I posted in BOLD at the bottom of that link where it clearly tells you that CAD15 is the minimum you can withdraw???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mim14
Contributor
Contributor

...and obviously you didn't read my response which says we have a confirmation that the limit was removed in order to help resolve the issue.  I don't need to be your punching bag. I was looking for help and ideas to resolve a problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mim14

Thank you for your replies. I'm truly sorry for the frustrating experience that you've had with withdrawal, complicated further by misunderstandings and mistakes made by the support teammates you reached. 

The information given by @PayPal_JonK and @kernowlass is correct, and, though it's always possible that I may be mistaken myself, I do not believe that the CAD15 limit can be removed or overridden. It sounds like a teammate may have mistaken a different type of withdrawal limit override for something that would apply to that particular limit instead of one that is connected with other parameters. As other troubleshooting has not yielded the resolution, it's entirely possible that the remaining culprit may indeed be that CAD15 limit.

I'm sorry for the difficulty.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.