6 month delay to receive money sent to family?

bk127
Contributor
Contributor

We (in US) sent money to a family member in Japan and paid the additional PayPal transaction fee to convert the USD to JPY (Yen).  The funds were withdrawn from our bank account linked to PayPal.  However PayPal is reporting that the funds will not be received until more than 6 months have passed!  What is the reason for this?  How can this be addressed/resolved so that the family member receives the funds in a timely manner?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @bk127,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting! I understand your concern about the money sent. Please note that all the transactions are subjected to reviews. In this situation, to know the exact reason for the delay and to have this issue resolved, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking on the contact option at the bottom of the page on our website so that our advisors can look into your account and help you accordingly.

Regards,
Ayesha 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.