5000+ SGD in limbo

Coppergreens
Contributor
Contributor
Okay so I'm a user in Singapore and I recently made a withdrawl on a trading platform of more 5K SGD and asked it be sent to my Paypal account, but forgot that Singapore Paypal placed a 5K limit on individual account balance - so that means the money can't come in. Okay so forgotting the limit is my mistake - and now I've emptied what petty balance there is in my account for good measure but I know that ultimately won't help because tge lump sum in itself is over 5K. I haven't considered upgrading to a business account because techically it is not so - but now the question is since the money won't 'fit' into the Paypal account, what is Paypal liable to do instead? I can think of a few possibilities: - They might send the money back to its source (in this case, the trading platform); - They might chop the amount up into 'installments' of 5K and under; - They might send it directly to the connected bank account. Any insight on this matter and its likely outcome?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Team2020
Contributor
Contributor

i tried this yesterday , it just sent the money back to the 3rd party sending the payment. I've actually just upgraded to a business account do you know if this resolves the issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.