310 dollars in debt and i'm 17

Temp20220624V
New Community Member

Please help. Somebody reported all 50 transactions for ''unauthorized access'' over the past month. He has sent me money multiple times over the past month, and it was him. and i am 310 dollars in debt now because of paypal. I dont even understand how this is believable, I can not pay it, I am 17 years old. This is insane. I am crying and panicking because this is so unjust.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220624V 

Sorry but if you open an illegal paypal account as a minor against paypal rules then this is what may happen !!

Were you selling and accepting funds via the friends /family option?

If not then has a decision been made by paypal yet as its not guaranteed the sender of the funds will win those unauthorised disputes.

I think your best bet is to contact customer services and explain you are a minor, they may not be able to enforce a debt against you until you are 18 but seek advice on that one in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220624V 

Sorry but if you open an illegal paypal account as a minor against paypal rules then this is what may happen !!

Were you selling and accepting funds via the friends /family option?

If not then has a decision been made by paypal yet as its not guaranteed the sender of the funds will win those unauthorised disputes.

I think your best bet is to contact customer services and explain you are a minor, they may not be able to enforce a debt against you until you are 18 but seek advice on that one in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.