24 hr Hold placed on money sent to friend

Wwblub
Contributor
Contributor
A 24 hour hold was placed on money I sent to a friend. I have a personal account, and only occasionally use PayPal in this manner. It’s an emergency, so this is quite inconvenient. Thx for any help/explanation.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DJklot
New Community Member
It is so annoying. I also sent a total sum of $740 to my sister but PayPal placed the money on hold In her account saying it will be released after 21days. I messaged their customer centre but sincerely they have been of no help as they told me to confirm receipt on the transaction via the ACTIVITY tab but there is Confirm receipt button there even though my payment is over 48hrs now
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wwblub 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ4491

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Wwblub
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the article. Is there no way to know if the hold will happen? I wasn’t advised of the hold until after I sent the money. Could’ve made a difference in my action.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wwblub 

Sadly not, random security checks.

Paypal do it to check those type of transactions randomly to make sure they are not being used to send payments for goods/services thus evading paying their paypal fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.