21 Day Holding Period!?

epicGohan20
New Community Member
Hey, sorry to bother, i am questioning why my payment is said to be on a 21 day holding period. I am the buyer, but my payment to Ryan Oakleaf is on a 21 day holding period to make sure the transaction is smooth (i think this is why, did some googling). Is there anyway to bypass this 21 day holding period so I can have my product delivered? Oakleaf is a trustowrthy seller but I would like the holding period to be over so he can access my payment to use the money for shipping the product over. thank you for your time, i just am trying to hurry the process up.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@epicGohan20 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the sellers account is between them and Paypal.
Funds for new sellers are held for 21 days but released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Even if the funds were withdrawn to their bank account they are still obliged to issue a refund if they lose a dispute. The hold is to protect Paypal from bad sellers that refuse, meaning Paypal may have to refund the buyer instead putting the sellers account into negative until they pay Paypal back.

If they refuse to send item/service then you could file a dispute for non receipt.
That may impact their paypal account in some way if they continue doing so.

Send them this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.