transaction fees

supernova7077
Contributor
Contributor

I just saw a transaction fee that was deducted from the sender. Since when do we have to pay for transaction fees when we receive money from the sender???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@supernova7077 

For since quite awhile. It’s only free for domestic (within the same country) payments when funded by PayPal balance or bank account.

Go to PayPal homepage and click “Fees” at the bottom.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

supernova7077
Contributor
Contributor

how can we avoid this? does the sender need to detach the bank or account number from her paypal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi @supernova7077,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. Like @sharpiemarker said, we charge you a small fee for personal transfers that come from abroad, a debit or credit card, or when receiving a payment for a sale. PayPal was originally designed as a service for individuals - people who might need to collect money for a group gift or transfer funds between friends. We will always continue to provide this service, however there are also real costs associated with providing our service - particularly costs associated with processing credit card payments. Visa, MasterCard and American Express charge us for every payment we process, and we need to pass this fee on to sellers to cover our costs. For full details about the fees for receiving different currencies, please log in to your account and click Fees at the bottom of the page. Fees will be charged in the currency of the payment. Detaching financial details from a PayPal account wouldn't be something I'd recommend, and this wouldn't affect how fees are applied.

I hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.