someone sent me money but it's never shown up in my account

MLGS101
Contributor
Contributor

Someone sent me money in April. It has never shown up in my account. He has bank notification that the money was withdrawn from his account. Where are my funds? Where is his money? I can't find help from customer service chat or phone support, all computers "just learning"! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Craig

Hi @MLGS101,

Welcome to the Community! 

There are a number of reasons why this could happen. 

Here is a Help Center Article with more information that should help. 

Hopefully, this helps answer your question,

Craig 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Craig

Hi @MLGS101,

Welcome to the Community! 

There are a number of reasons why this could happen. 

Here is a Help Center Article with more information that should help. 

Hopefully, this helps answer your question,

Craig 

Login to Me Too

MLGS101
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for answering, Craig! I finally wrestled from the man that he had sent the money to an email address that isn't mine at all which I have no idea where he got it. That email is "unverified" by Paypal according to the email Paypal sent him about it which he finally forwarded to me which is when I saw the problem. He did kindly send the money again, but he still sent it not to the email address I told him to begin with! To simplify things for him to keep him from getting more confused, I've ended up opening a Paypal account with that email address that does belong to me though it's not the one I prefer (as it isn't the one I use for Paypal, just general emailing) and he's sent the money there.  I should have the funds by the end of the week and I know we'll both be glad of that. Thanks for your reply. Be safe and happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MLGS101 

Did you know you can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account and accept funds with any of them?

So no need to have made another account really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MLGS101
Contributor
Contributor

No, I didn't. That would have been helpful. I have 2 emails for one account but never could figure out how I did that! Thanks for the knowledge. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.