"Get a Check By Mail" Feature Not Working

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw funds from my account via check on 4-23-20. The "Get a Check By Mail" link (Paypal.com/wdcheck) is directing me back to the Summary page. I have done this many times and  after trying to explain to the live help assistant for an hour there was a problem on PayPal's end I was told:
"It seems like our security system is checking on your attempt to request a check. You may try to do it again after 24-48 hours. However there is no assurance that it will go through by then because our security check procedure doesn't have a specific timeline."
Is anyone else experiencing problems getting PayPal to issue a check?

How am I supposed to get my money when I don't want my account tied to my bank and I don't want a PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Temp20210220g
Contributor
Contributor

Well, at least you've only lost a half a day of your life to these **bleep**ers.  It took my a full day to get the truth from an Agent.  But, it turnout to be only half the truth and what I was told really doesn't work.  Once I get my money out of these **bleep**, I'm closing the account.  **bleep** PayPal.  I've only been a member for 15 years and spent tens of thousands of dollars through them.    

Login to Me Too

AmericaRocks

At least you got something out of them, is the feature just disabled now? I tried to link my bank account Monday and there telling me its linked to another account, yeah MINE! I just don't understand what is happening.

Login to Me Too

labonapitt
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem on my end- have tried on EVERY internet browser imaginable, deleted my cookies, tried everything.  It forces you to either keep it all in PayPal or pay a fee to transfer to your bank.  GET IT RESOLVED PAYPAL!!!!

Login to Me Too

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

@AmericaRocks

It seems to be a recent problem. I had no problem with a check request on April 2. The "Get a Check By Mail" link takes several seconds to refresh and reloads the Summary page instead of proceeding to completing the check request.

Login to Me Too

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

@Temp20210220g 

Is PayPal actually sending you your funds? Would you mind sharing "the truth"you were told?

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. PayPal Customer Service is down so you cannot speak to anyone, and live chat hasn't solved the problem. PayPal is holding our money and there doesn't seem to be any way for us to get it from them...

Login to Me Too

Temp20210220g
Contributor
Contributor

Contact your State's Attorney Generals office.

Login to Me Too

questionmark101
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem today. Customer service (via online chat) didn't seem to aware of this issue. He repeatedly asked me to click the 'get a check by mail' link, which I tried on multiple browsers; no luck. I also tried the PayPal mobile app - but it doesn't even have that link.

Hopefully PayPal resolves this issue soon. (I don't want to link my checking account to PayPal, neither am I going to set up 'PayPal Cash' since they want an ssn and birth date, which I'm not planning on giving.)

Login to Me Too

questionmark101
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: I reported this issue ~7 months ago. The 'get a check by mail' feature now works. I clicked on the link, and it took me to a page saying that a check would be mailed to my address within 5-10 business days. I was charged $1.50 for this. Hopefully this feature continues to work without issues !

Login to Me Too

sparksrd
Contributor
Contributor

Just tried today.  When I tried chat, it asked which transaction I was concerned about.  The transaction does not appear in chat.  Transfer to an agent would take several hours, so I declined attempting to speak to an agent.  I am seeing this issue posted in other topics.  This is first time this month I have tried to withdraw funds.

Login to Me Too

luthia
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue. I withdrew by check last month, on the 1st, and now having issues where I get the same loop from "order check > withdraw funds". PayPal really needs to get it together 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.