Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method.

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

Help please. My account was recently limited as of yesterday due to unauthorized activity and it is telling me that I need to verify my credit card to approve it (I have sent an image showing proof of my bank account, since I do not have any cards linked to my account), and now, I cannot add my only working credit card to PayPal because every time I do, I get an error that says "Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method".

I have added this card to my account in the past, and it worked just fine, but now, PayPal refuses to re-add it. Is there any reason why this is happening?

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

MikelAL93
Contributor
Contributor

Will do! Thank you very much. 🙂

When they come back to ask, I will send them the information required.

Login to Me Too

mmedhat87
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, I am unable to link me credit card with my PayPal account, I called my bank 3 times they told me my Card is just fine.

so can you educate me how can I submit proof of my bank account to Paypal as I can't communicate with Paypal customer care at all.

I can send them all the documents they need which proves I am the owner of this card. 

Login to Me Too

blade33

Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method.

help me
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @blade33 and others,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to add or use your cards. A card may be declined for any of several reasons. One such reason is if the address on file with the card issuer does not match the address on file at PayPal. Please follow that link to see other troubleshooting tips.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

marwa222
New Community Member

I want to know the reason for My card has been declined.

Login to Me Too

napaguy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I hope someone could help me here with my problem. I also get the same statement saying:  

''Your card has been declined. Please try a different payment method'' however I am not given any option as to what to do and how to proceed with the current debit card that I try to link. Although, I read the replies here from other people with the same problem and how they solved it. With my case I am not given any option to prove or download a card statement. I may be missing something and hope someone here could help me. 

Thanks,

Metin

Login to Me Too

Bresimo1
Contributor
Contributor
Your card has been declined by your card provider. Please try a different card or contact your card provider. I don’t know what to do I can’t confirm my card
Login to Me Too

Prasanthkrishna
Contributor
Contributor
I am getting as card has been deactivated by issuer and try different payment method why it is coming
Login to Me Too

Dare_

And how do i give them my credit card statement and where? Because it doesn't give an option where to send them the image or something

Login to Me Too

SANKETDAS
Contributor
Contributor

b ut I have an debit card what can I do

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.