Transfer Problem

kafkafa
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money from the bank to my paypal account on 25/01/2022. but I still can't see the money in my paypal account. What can I do? Thank you...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Harsha4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kafkafa

Welcome to PayPal community! I understand your concern regarding refund not reflecting on your account. I suggest you check the transactions on your PayPal account activity page to get a detailed view of the transactions made. You can even check the complete status of the transaction here. If your unable to view the details, In this type of situation, it is best to give us a call. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Help & Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. 

Thank you,
Harsha 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kafkafa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I apologize for the confusion leading to the prior answer from @Harsha4 regarding refunds. I understand that your question was regarding adding money to your PayPal account from your bank, which is a different matter. 

If funds have been added to your account from a bank, they can take several business days to traverse the ACH process, which involves multiple financial entities. If the funds do not appear within 14 days of the transfer, please contact your bank to request a trace of the sent funds.

I hope the funds have landed at this point and all is well!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kafkafa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_Olivia Thank you so much for your kind reply. I contacted my bank. The remittance process seems to be complete. the sending bank said I had to contact paypal. I made a 5 euro re-transfer to try the system. It showed up in my paypal account within the same day. I don't know what to do. Should I wait a little longer?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kafkafa,

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like the bank confirmed that it was released on their end, but did they initiate a trace? A trace is a process that seeks out the funds through the entirety of its transfer through the ACH process, which utilizes multiple financial institutions.

A trace would be started from the place where the funds originated - in this case, your bank. The trace process happens completely behind the scenes between the financial services and does not require you to contact multiple places. Most of the time a trace cannot be started until the funds have been missing for 14 days or more. If the funds continue to be missing after that long, please reach out to your bank again and ask for a trace specifically. 

I hope this is cleared up quickly before that becomes necessary!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.