Subscription used wrong Debit Card

Mattiemont
New Community Member
I set up a subscription months ago on my primary bank account's debit card. And all of a sudden this month it came out of the other bank card I never use. I don't keep enough money in that account for it and I never set it up on that card. Why did it pull from my other card without warning?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AdamC

Hi there, @Mattiemont,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I understand that you mentioned that the subscription payment was taken from a different funding method on your PayPal account. 

Generally, when you set up the subscription, as you mentioned above, you select a preferred funding method for the funds to come from. If the primary/preferred funding method is denied or doesn't successfully work, we may try to take your payment from a backup method. 

In a situation like this, I'd advise ensuring that the correct funding method has been chosen for your subscription. You can check this by going to your 'Pre-approved payments' in the 'Wallet' section of your PayPal account.

More information on pre-approved payments is available here - https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq2254 

If the issue persists, you can cancel the agreement and set it up again using your preferred card. You should then see the option for a backup funding source. 

Thanks.

PayPal_Adam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.