If the email was not linked to a paypal account the payment would show as unclaimed on your paypal account.
It would show as unclaimed with a cancel option if the email address was non-existant.
It would show as unclaimed withOUT a cancel option if the email address exists but is not linked yet to a paypal account. The person then would be emailed by Paypal telling them to open a paypal account to claim the funds.
Lastly if its showing as payment or sent then it has successfully transferred to the email address you sent it to that is linked to an active paypal account.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Got someone sending me money asking for payment to recieve in Transactions Archives
- Are there any humans working at PayPal? in Managing Account Archives
- Issued refund but had money taken from my account instead. in Transactions Archives
- I created 2 accounts in 2 countries with the same email address, now I can only access one in Managing Account Archives
- Using Gmail account in Security and Fraud Archives