Pending payment and paypal not helping

WM8
Contributor
Contributor

So I tried to buy something from a usual store and got "This transaction cannot be completed because it violates the PayPal User Agreement.", and then on top of that the payment was listed as 'pending' on paypal. After about half an hour I tried again and changed some things around thinking maybe something I was buying was out of stock and something didn't update properly until the final moment, but I got the same message again. The only difference is this time the activity line in paypal shows that the attempt was made but then immediately refunded and sent back to my bank. I haven't gotten any help from paypal because their bot isn't working for messages and I was on the phone for most of that half hour trying to find out what happened, any option to 'void' or 'cancel' the first attempt isn't visible and the message archive-thing deleted the message related to the pending payment after like 5-10 minutes. I tried talking with the seller and they weren't seeing anything on their end nor is there anything showing an order so I dont think anything actually went through BUT i want to confirm if it actually IS pending or if paypal messed up.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WM8 

What is Pending could be a temporary authorization which usually expires on it’s own eventually and drops off releasing funds. Click the pending transaction for any alerts.

Where is the seller located and where are you located?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WM8
Contributor
Contributor

Both of us are in the US, but I got a message earlier that it was reversed. Not sure why it took as long as it did but at least that's SOME good news, but I've been hearing through the grapevine that people have had all kinds of problems with paypal for a few days now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.