Pending order for 2 days. Electronic Arts

LG_VA
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to purchase an item from my Origin using Paypal. When I was ready to pay the transaction failed. I tried 5 times and it still failed. I then logged into my Paypal and saw 5 pending transactions for 100$. I decided to wait 2 days for the transaction to go through but it is still pending. (I hoped that if one transaction would go through then the rest would just fail because EA systems supposedly notices when there are duplicates of games on one account) I contacted EA about this and they said they can’t do anything and that I have to contact Paypal. I then tried to contact Paypal but it had no results. So how do I solve this mystery of these pending transactions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LG_VA 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LG_VA 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LG_VA
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advise! I'll just give it a time and wait then. I decided to also insurance myself just in case, and bought the product using other payment method, so it would register as a duplicate on the EA side if this pending PayPal order would actually go through somehow. But now I just have to wait I guess. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.