Paypal all of a sudden holds my money for 21 days? WTF? Why?

temp20220728ba
New Community Member

Ok. I've had it with Paypal. 

I've had my account since 2020 or early 2021, and have been receiving money from my overseas students without a problem. Never got my payments "on hold" for 21 days like in business accounts. 

Then today, my boss from my full-time job sends me money, and you know what Paypal does: 

1. Deducts a freaking 54 Euros "transaction fee"

2. All of a sudden decides to "hold" my money for 21 days!!!!!! I haven't done anything suspicious, are you kidding me? And to get my money faster, they told me to spend it? Or to ask my boss for 200 Euros more? WTF?????!!!! How does that make any sense? It doesn't make any sense at all!!!! 

3. I can't even contact support, because I always get an error message everytime I try to report the transaction! 

So tell me, why am I paying 54 Euros plus the 40-something Euros they'd get from the **bleep** currency exchange? So that they can hold my money for 3 **bleep**ING weeks! 

How is this acceptable? 

If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears. Or if anyone has the phone number toi this joke of a company, hand it over too. I'mma go Karen mode on their **bleep**. 

Also, if I send a refund, I'm guessing this **bleep**ing  **bleep** company will keep the 54 Euros, right? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20220728ba 

If you haven't paid a fee before then it sounds as if you were receiving all payments via the friends/family option?

However your latest payment from your employer must have been sent using the goods/services option and so you were charged a fee and as you had not presumably received funds via g/s before they started the new seller hold.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297
Correct me if any of this is wrong but that is what I am guessing based on what you have said.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.