No transaction happening from my SBI debit card, what to do?

thatisshiv
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to make a purchase at Epic games store. it shows "We were unable to charge your PayPal account. Please contact PayPal customer service. Error details: {0}" even after the whole OTP process completes. No money was charged from my bank (State Bank India). Help from Paypal officials is appreciated. 

thatisshiv_0-1644254087899.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @thatisshiv. Not being able to use your PayPal account to pay for a purchase is a definite concern! The most common reason for this is that the payment methods linked to your PayPal account are not available for PayPal to use (we received a decline from a card issuer or bank) or PayPal's Security System was not able to use any of the payment methods on your account due to detecting a higher than usual level of risk or there is an unresolved account issue.

My best suggestion would be to check the Resolution Center and/or Message Center in your PayPal account to make sure there are no unresolved issues, and then contact your card issuer or bank to determine if they need to change a setting in their system to allow PayPal to use your payment method.

Please note, if you have a credit or debit card linked to your PayPal account, your card issuer would have to go beyond just saying the card is active and available. They would need to check their system for a setting that would be blocking PayPal's attempts to use the card. Many card issuers just say the card is fine, but that's not enough.

If PayPal's Security System is blocking the use of a payment method, it may help to log out of everything on your computer, delete the cookies and temporary internet files and re-start your system. Then please wait 24-48 hours before making another, single attempt to complete the same purchase.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @thatisshiv. Not being able to use your PayPal account to pay for a purchase is a definite concern! The most common reason for this is that the payment methods linked to your PayPal account are not available for PayPal to use (we received a decline from a card issuer or bank) or PayPal's Security System was not able to use any of the payment methods on your account due to detecting a higher than usual level of risk or there is an unresolved account issue.

My best suggestion would be to check the Resolution Center and/or Message Center in your PayPal account to make sure there are no unresolved issues, and then contact your card issuer or bank to determine if they need to change a setting in their system to allow PayPal to use your payment method.

Please note, if you have a credit or debit card linked to your PayPal account, your card issuer would have to go beyond just saying the card is active and available. They would need to check their system for a setting that would be blocking PayPal's attempts to use the card. Many card issuers just say the card is fine, but that's not enough.

If PayPal's Security System is blocking the use of a payment method, it may help to log out of everything on your computer, delete the cookies and temporary internet files and re-start your system. Then please wait 24-48 hours before making another, single attempt to complete the same purchase.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Aaradhya
Contributor
Contributor

How were you able to get pass this issue?

I'm going through the same situation right now.
Please help me resolving this issue.

Login to Me Too

thatisshiv
Contributor
Contributor

The issue wasn't resolved from PayPal's side so ultimately I had to secure a credit card that allows international transactions. I applied for the Slice visa credit card as it is a quick registration and has no charges and it supports international transactions. Got approval under 12 hours of registration.

Login to Me Too

Aaradhya
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, looks like I'll have to try something similar.😅
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.