New fees

Mandillaz
Contributor
Contributor

I have been receiving money in $USD for the past year, with no taxes. Today I got a message that Paypal will charge 2% up to USD20 for accounts that are not in USD, but the only currency I have in my account is USD... Why is that?

Plus I've tried for 5 hours now to contact the message center, only to have no reply and have it close by itself. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mandillaz 

For the usual reasons: to cover costs or make more money (inflation). You got a free year out of it.

Your account was opened under Portugal so technically USD is not your native currency, the Euro is even if you hold a USD currency in your PayPal account.

Besides, I can’t seem to find this “fee” or policy anywhere in upcoming policy updates or in the fees chart for Portugal so double check who sent the email to make sure someone isn’t scamming you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mandillaz
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted the support of the platform.

"Please note that starting from July 15th, Preply no longer covers withdrawal fees. These are fees charged by our payment service providers each time you withdraw money from your Preply wallet."

So it seems that is something charged by PayPal. I can't get an answer from the message center and it keeps closing.

Is there any email I can use to contact support?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.