My preferred payment method is confirmed, but isn't an option when attempting a purchase.

Wkn4aliving
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! I have a question for the community. My preferred payment method on my business PayPal account has been confirmed, so why wouldn't it be displayed as an option while trying to make a purchase?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hi @Wkn4aliving!

If your primary payment method is a bank account, not every transaction is eligible to use a bank account as a funding source. When a bank account is used, PayPal fronts the funds to the seller (to complete the payment instantly) and waits for your bank to process the money to us on the back end. Some examples as to why it would not be eligible, is if the payment is unusual/higher than your average transaction amount, or if a bank payment has been denied with previous orders. You may have to use an instant payment method, such as a debit, credit or prepaid card. I apologize if this causes an inconvenience. 

- Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.