'Instant" Transfer to my debit card still has not shown up nearly 24 hours later

mxz174
New Community Member

I tried this new instant transfer option for the first time yesterday because I needed the funds in my account ASAP.  I even paid the small fee to do it.  Well, it's not 24 hours later and the funds never showed up.  They are not showing up as pending either on my card/account.  The funds are no longer available in my PayPal account either.  So I paid a little extra to get these funds 'immediately' (max stated was 30 mins) and now I'm stuck with them not avaialble basically anywhere for me.  This is VERY frustrating!  If they do not show up by Monday morning I'm going to get very worried.  I highly recommend PayPal users be highly leary of this new service, it did not work correctly for me!  I guess I should have just used the old method of tranfering to my bank account, it looks like it'll take at least as long now using this method and I paid a fee for nothing.

If I'm missing something here let me know.  If you've experienced the same thing post about it too, maybe PayPal will fix this service or at least stop offering it / make a BOLD easy to need statment when you chose it that the funds might not show up in your account for days anyway with this 'instant' option.

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

vassileo

I have the same issue. Its been over 24 hours now, I paid a 1% fee for an instant transfer to my VISA card. Seconds later i received an email from PP saying that the money is in my bank account. Yeah, right! They are still not. Writing this post so people can see that this ripoff still exists in 2020.

Login to Me Too

PrinceShawn
I'm having the exact same problem might actually showed up in my account on my bank instantly but then disappeared the next day when the bank went for processing The bank told me that PayPal just pre-offed it but never put an actual release date on it so they don't know where it's at and they can't find it it's like it never happened you contact PayPal they say oh it's completed but obviously it's not so now my money is stuck in limbo and nobody knows where it is
Login to Me Too

texastone

I have also just had the problem.  Used the instant transfer yesterday to a debit card.  I called the bank today they see nothing.  I contacted paypal and the lady with a heavy accent said, "I show the transaction is already completed sir!" this was after I gave her the full rundown of it including sharing many stories from this community center.  I told her that one person said you have to talk to a supervisor because the regular employees do not know how to handle it.  I told her this was extraordinary to me because this is an endless continued problem in the community center. I said yes it shows completed but the money is not there and that is the problem.   she then said "we can run a tracer  to try and find the money which will take 5 business days"  I said so thats it?  Yep!  So now we wait to see what happens.

Login to Me Too

AlainaA
Contributor
Contributor
Placed withdraw for $11,000 and now 30 hours layer. Still nothing
Login to Me Too

Raguna
We’re still having this issue now. I just withdrew $1080 aud minus $10aud fee and it’s gone. Can’t see it been over 24 hours that was my Christmas fund and it’s gone. Can no longer go away for the holidays as that was presents and petrol/ wage for my time off. I’m not working through Christmas holidays because my nest egg is in the ether. Last time I made the withdrawal on a weekend no biggie showed up 24 hours later then it said it would but it showed. It’s been nearly 25 hours and nothing. No point trying to get PayPal to help. For a multi billion dollar company they are pretty **bleep**ing useless and very VERY tight arsed when they make mistakes.
Login to Me Too

Gronrossv
So I did the instant transfer and it's been over 30 minutes and paid the fee and it's still not in my account and I can't cancel this transaction and go the other way. How to I get my money out of limbo. This sucks
Login to Me Too

So-Over-It
$10,082 has been tied up by PayPal at this point. 3 different transactions. I did the verifications they asked for. Sent my ID. Had the buyer accept the item and confirm receipt...Held for 26 days. Got a REFUND for 125 the next day....Held. Then had a friend send me $2k, WAS ON THE PHONE WITH PAYPAL AS HE SENT IT TO MAKE SURE WE DID IT CORRECTLY. THEY SAID THERE WOULD BE NO HOLD PLACED. ...HELD
Login to Me Too

Alexstrasza

This is still happening. Today and in December too. Why do we pay a fee if it's not instant? It's exactly the same as a normal transfer that takes 1-3 business days. 

Login to Me Too

Sueg57
Contributor
Contributor
Just happened to me too .. used the service many times no complaints .. money was from my Dad to help me out as I lost my job due to Covid .. and it’s a Sunday .. I needed it to pay my rego before midnight but can’t get past the bot to speak to anyone .. very disappointing when you pay for an “instant” transfer
Login to Me Too

jggore
New Community Member
Waiting 28 hours now on a $1,300 “instant” transfer. Customer service tried to say it way my fault and that transactions get denied when there are multiple addresses linked to an account (I just moved), which is obviously false as the transfer already went through as pending. My bank account is overdrawn and I have bills to pay, let’s hope the transfer finally comes through so I can pay for parking to go to class later. Ridiculous that PayPal offers 0 help for people that rely on and pay instant transfers, absolute joke of a company. I’ll stick to Venmo and Cashapp since their instant transfers aren’t a blatant scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.