How to change Inactive to Active.

jabarnas
Contributor
Contributor

I want PayPal to begin making automatic monthly payments again to one of my online subscription accounts that I had suspended for a while.  It's  currently set as "Inactive" with PayPal, and I have not been able to find information telling me how to set it back to "Active" so that automatic monthly payments to the online service will resume.   Thank you for helping me.

Jim <Removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jabarnas 

You would need to set it up again with the service you originally took out the subscription with.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jabarnas 

You would need to set it up again with the service you originally took out the subscription with.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jabarnas
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for letting me know.  I greatly appreciate your time!  PayPal could have said that right on the accounts page.  Would have saved me a few hours of frustration.   But...thank you!

Login to Me Too

Gravypan
New Community Member

That's ridiculous. I don't understand why Paypal just doesn't give you the option to make it active, again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gravypan 

Because a subscription is between you and the merchant.

Just turning it to active on your paypal account would mean that when the merchant applied for the funds paypal would process them.

But the merchant would not do that if you had not set up the subscription again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

krasnerjudy
New Community Member

tried to do that as suggested with the seller, but PayPal keeps rejecting the request from the seller because the account is still marked as "inactive" in PayPal.  Is there an easy way to delete an inactive seller, so that I can start all over again?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @krasnerjudy!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry if you are having trouble when trying to activate your automatic payment. Please note that once an automatic payment is deactivated in PayPal, it cannot be reactivated. You need to set the subscription up again from the seller's website and select PayPal as a payment method. This way it will show up as a new active subscription in your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps.

Regards.

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.