How long until holds stop if I don't receive sales? Only personal friends/family transfers and subs.

MissFirebird
New Community Member

Alright, so I have had this account for a little while now and was wondering if I have another way to stop holds on my account?

I opened it to pay for subscriptions, and send money back and fourth to my boyfriend as we are stuck long distance for a little while between Canada and PayPal is easiest for transfers. I do not have this account to sell anything and when I clicked on the "Why your funds are on hold" I get a list saying I need to receive 4 or more payments from sales, receive 278.78 CAD from sales, and have no disputes for 21 more days.

-It has been more than 21 days with no disputes on my account.

-The last time my boyfriend sent me money it didn't add to the received until holds are ended.

(I'm assuming because it was sent as friends/family and not a purchase)

-And no lower number from the receive 4 or more payments from sales hasn't gone away requirement.

It's really frustrating because it says I must complete ALL of the following to not have future holds yet I'm not using this as a business account and it isn't created as a business account either so I have no idea what to do. I work at a bank and I would just do wires but the fees are crazy even when we are in Canada and the States.

I would think my account would be considered ok if I have regular transfers back and fourth and regular subscription payments as well?

I just don't know what to do and it is really inconvenient when we want to help each and he is also helping with my next trip because it's getting pricey to travel and we're splitting on costs.

Short story is.. I would like to know if I can remove holds on my account if I use it regularly, only do personal transfers between friends/family, and use it to pay subscriptions with NO issues.

nd UD

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.