Funds sent to wrong email address
If she sent it using the friends/family option? then >>>
If its showing as unclaimed/pending then cancel it if there is a cancel option, if there is not then it will time out at 30 days if not claimed by then.
Unclaimed with a cancel option means the email address does not exist. Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option means that the email address exists but not linked to an active paypal account. (However that email address will receive a paypal email telling them that they have been sent funds and to set up a paypal account to 'claim' the money).
However if it showing SENT then all you can do is email that 'wrong' email address and request that they refund the funds. If they refuse then little you can do as it was a 'gift' payment that you can't open a paypal dispute on. You could ask for a chargeback if you funded the payment via a credit card but they equally may decline as it was a 'gift' payment and not a goods/services payment.
Lastly if she sent it using the goods/services option then if the recipient refuses a refund she can open a dispute for non receipt of item and should get a refund as that person has nothing to send her.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- I cannot link my UAE Bank Account, and also i cannot edit or add my address, please help out in Wallet Archives
- How to recover account with no access to email or phone in Managing Account Archives
- Are there any humans working at PayPal? in Managing Account Archives
- I created 2 accounts in 2 countries with the same email address, now I can only access one in Managing Account Archives
- Completing the "add additional email" procedure but email isn't getting added. in Managing Account Archives