Funds in my PERSONAL ACCOUNT pending for 21 days!

Ian28
Contributor
Contributor

Why would PayPal put my funds on pending balance for 21 days yet it is a personal account? I did not buy or sell anything to anyone. This is so annoying and the customer support is not helpful as well. Telling me that "you can't override the system" shows how the service is inconvenient and unfair to unsuspecting customers/users.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ian28

It doesn't matter what type of account you have as you can sell on a personal account, its down to how the funds were sent to you.

If they were sent using the friends / family option then you would not have had a payment hold, however if you were selling OR do not have the friends / family option in your country then you would have got the new seller hold applied. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ian28
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. That makes sense. So, basically, I just have to wait for the 21 days right? Would you know how long it takes on average for the system to make the funds available? Its strange because my funds are not on Hold. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ian28

Sorry but if they are not on hold then why did you say they were in pending balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ian28
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass My sentiments exactly! They are not on Hold, but I cannot process transactions. There is a constant notification with the message "When you receive a payment, it goes to your pending balance for up to 21 days" whenever I log in. I received an e-mail that my funds were Available on Saturday but I cannot process transactions and I think it has something to do with this notification. That's why I said they are Pending. 

Login to Me Too

Balmer516
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is a transfer from my own bank account With the intended purpose of adding funds to my Paypal account. The bank account is not new to my PayPal and PayPal is still holding/reviewing my money transfer despite it having cleared my bank 2 days ago.
Login to Me Too

Sumaiabanat
New Community Member
It is so annoying. I also had to change the shipping status ( although I’m not selling anything to anyone) Thinking this will help.
Login to Me Too

jACR12
New Community Member
Did it work? What did you change the status to?
Login to Me Too

Ormcgrew99
New Community Member
This happened to me recently. I used the friends/family option to send money to my dad who also has a new "personal," PayPal account. Customer service could not tell him why the funds are on hold indefinitely. I, the sender, had no idea that the funds were on hold as I was never notified of it happening. I cannot 'unsend' the money either, the funds are just stuck somewhere. I'm assuming that, because his account is new and I've never sent money to him before, the transaction might have been flagged as "unusual." However, customer support should have been able to provide such information. I have no idea where my money is!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ormcgrew99 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.