Friends and family option gone

PriscillaS43
New Community Member

Hi- suddenly my option to use friends and family or goods and services is gone! Help!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PriscillaS43

Click on send / request > send money > put in the email address you want to send money to > click next and on the next page you can select goods/services or family / friends.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MalikHammadAsif
Contributor
Contributor
Country: Oman And same problem, no option for friends and family for me too. If there is any solution please share it would be highly appreciated
Login to Me Too

Cvulimu
Contributor
Contributor
I need the option of sending a gift to friends and family
Login to Me Too

sharonkende
Contributor
Contributor

To the "esteemed advisor".....we do in fact understand how to enter an email and press next.  

We, all 23 of us, are talking about the fact that there is no friends and family vs goods and services button offered on the second or third screen.

A paypal customer service agent told me that this was due to the buyer protection option being enabled.  Problem is, there is no way, at least that I have seen, to turn it off.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharonkende 

Well unfortunately my powers of telepathy were missing on the day i replied to that post and so was unaware of what you did or did not ''know''.

I posted that information as a lot of users tend to expect to see the friends/family option immediately and not realise that they have to imput the email address etc first, that ok with you ''contributor?''

As for the reason that it is missing there are a couple of reasons for that but first you would need to post your country which you haven't bothered to do as paypal varies a lot country to country on what is and is not offered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JLTN
Contributor
Contributor

I too, noticed today that I no longer have the Friend and Family option. So I proceeded anyway and was presented with a dialog regarding Purchase Protection. It seems the default (for me, at least) is set to 'Add Purchase Protection'. The dialog will state that this is free for you - the sender, but will charge a fee to the recipient. If you select 'Send without protection', the recipient is not charged a fee.

HTH,

James

Login to Me Too

superreggie
Contributor
Contributor

Now that y'all are done with the hissy fit, I too am having this issue, or at least my wife is. I see the option. She doesn't. Wtf. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@superreggie 

yeah there are a few reasons why that may occur.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

superreggie
Contributor
Contributor

What are these reasons? We're sending USA to USA.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.