Emergency

vilmah1
Contributor
Contributor
Kindly assist, I opened an account to receive some money to help in hospital bill, unknowingly I opened a business account, I have been notified via email that the money is withheld because I need to do more transactions like 5 or more. I'm not in business for me to be able to do so. Hiw do I withdraw the money to save the situation. Kindly help
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vilmah1 

You have a personal account, not a business one as per link.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/14186883

Secondly as you don't have the friends/family option to receive funds in your country then all payments are received as payments for goods or services.

If you have not received payments before then you may be subject to the new seller hold. The hold applies to goods/services transaction regardless of which account you hold, information in the link.

https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vilmah1
Contributor
Contributor
Does that mean that I will have to wait 21days before I can access the money? And what happens when no other money is sent to my account as indicated in the email? Kindly assist
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vilmah1 

did you bother to read the link?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vilmah1
Contributor
Contributor
Sadly I did not, I was in a bit of a hurry due to the situation that we are in. Is there any help or rather an exception to my situation. Kindly let me know if there is.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vilmah1 

Well I thought I had helped you, but if you don't want to bother reading the link and the information that it contains to help you then not a lot more that I can do is there.

Bye then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vilmah1
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, I'm sorry I did not respond back. I read the link and got some helpful information. Thank you very much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.