Card being used for pending auth was cancelled, how will I receive refund once funds are released?

restinpeach
Contributor
Contributor

On July 11th, my Sephora account was hacked and a purchase was made, Sephora immediately cancelled the order but because the order was paid via paypal, the transaction is still showing "pending" on paypal. I have called Sephora and they do not charge the card until the order is shipped, which it was not. I have two questions. One, the card connected to my paypal that was used for this transaction has been cancelled, so will I receive the funds back directly into my paypal or will it go back to another card connected on my paypal account. Also, how long does it usually take for these pending transactions to finally "refund" 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@restinpeach 

Pending auths are not completed payments. They lapse and drop off releasing funds if merchant does not capture payment, in about a week or so, sometimes it may take 30 days. If the pending auth remains longer than 30 days, contact PayPal and/or your card issuer to void it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.