Can I receive donations and share with multiple people?

MRS1976
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,
I am looking to collect donations for our team of Ukrainian staff. This will be done via donations from their colleagues around the world.

We would share these with each of them via paypal but do I have to make a second account to do this and have it separate from my personal paypal? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Sean

Hello @MRS1976, Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting,

Charities can use PayPal to collect donations and can receive a discounted rate.

How does PayPal confirm charities and nonprofit organizations?

To get the discounted charity rate for your organization, we need to confirm your charity account.

You can begin the confirmation process at www.paypal.com/charities. You will need to provide information to prove that:

• Your organization is legally registered with the appropriate regulatory body
  • You are a representative of that organization

How can my charity or nonprofit use PayPal to collect donations?

The PayPal donation button is a convenient and cost-effective solution for collecting donations online.  Follow our step-by-step guide to create a Donate button. Define the donation amounts you want to accept or create an open field for customers to fill in; no programming is required.

To receive recurring donations simply set up a Donate button and integrate it to your site. View our PayPal Developer page to see the current Donate experience.

When donors click your donate button, they complete their donation on the PayPal site. There are no monthly or set-up fees with donation button transactions. Your organization only pays processing fees when they receive a donation.

Other features:

• Customers can choose to automatically give a monthly donation to your organization.  Both the organization and the customer can control the recurring payments in their respective profile settings if they would like to cancel or change the amount.
  • Donate button is automatically mobile-optimized for easier payments on small devices.

Visit our PayPal Nonprofits site to learn about all of the tools PayPal provides to help nonprofits raise funds.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

MRS1976
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Sean. 

We are not looking to register as a charity, simply collect donations from colleagues around the world and then share. We are happy to pay any platform fees (those donating understand this). 

I wasn't sure whether we would need:

1) Set-up a new paypal - or even if this is possible to have a second paypal address linked to an existing bank account

2) Be able to share with multiple people (I assume this is simple though - you just send as you would normally)

3) If there would be any tax implications for the person whose account was linked (again believe not if it was clear that this was for charitable donations).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@MRS1976, 

In some countries, the option to send the payments as donations is not available. You will not be able to receive payments for this particular cause, unless you're a registered charity. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

MRS1976
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Tommy. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.