Can I change my paypal account to only accept payments as FRIENDS & FAMILY?

Xxx1050
Contributor
Contributor
Can I change my paypal account to accept payment only by FRIENDS & FAMILY?
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Xxx1050 , it is not possible, and moreover, it is forbidden to sell by asking for payment between relatives (family). you cannot ask to be paid like this. paypal prohibits this, and there are penalties for the seller.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full

( sanctions, such as the prohibition for you to receive this type of money afterwards, and many more sanctions afterwards )

Login to Me Too

valprice
New Community Member

But we are not selling anything and we are friends and family, so we don't want the cousins to send us money using "pay for goods and services".  They ARE NOT paying for goods and services!  Is there any way to have the sender pay the fee?  They are reimbursing us for group purchases and we don't include any extra to cover credit card fees.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @valprice

Welcome to the PayPal Community. Sorry for any concern with this payment. 

The sender of the payment has the option to select to send the payment as Goods and Services or Friends and Family. They would need to check to ensure they are sending it using the method that best fits the payment. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xxx1050 

To add to what @jmarc_38 correctly stated >>

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item or item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @kernowlass , and yes, in addition there is this that you specify very well. I hope you are well ? I think you were on holiday? have a good day .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmarc_38 

Yep, took a few days off, all good thanks.  😊

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass 

you're right, holidays are always good to rest! I saw that you quickly resumed here, you are always impressive!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jmarc_38 

So are you, very sensible posts with good advice.

You must have posted for a long while but not recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kernowlass 

in fact , I rarely come here . I tried the German, Spanish forum.
it's the same, I answer it a little, but it's rare.
I devote myself more to the French-speaking forum.
for all to say , I like to learn , to understand the things .
and it's a good experience to read the questions, and see answers on them.
you for example, with your answers, I learned things, which I never saw in question on the French-speaking forum.
paypal is one of my passions, but at another time, on another forum, I was more about security on it. prevention and explanations of account hacks, explanations of virus infections, and sometimes analyzing software to explain how it infects a machine.

I spent more than 2 years helping people understand how to avoid the worst on their machines.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.