Add cash at a store crashes when I select a store on my IPhone.

Bosco13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I routinely add cash to my account through the "add cash at a store" option. I tried to do that today, and when I select which store I want to add cash at, the Paypal app crashes back to my iPhone links screen. This is the first time this has happened. I deleted the app from my phone and re-installed it, that had no effect. I made sure that my phone is up to date as well. I've added cash this way many times without a problem, now it won't work. There is no other way to generate a bar code if I can't select a store. The rest of the App seems to work fine. Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

Bosco13
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still having this problem as of 9:45 on 2/16. I will post a solution once I find one. I opened a tech ticket with PayPal, hopefully they will contact me with a fix soon.
Login to Me Too

pink_cailleach
Contributor
Contributor
It very briefly worked for me yesterday before closing again. I did get into contact with a rep who said their techs are absolutely aware of the issue and are working to fix it. I asked if they could give me an ETA but have not heard back yet. Contact PayPal directly (this is to everyone else too) and they will add you to the ticket so once it’s fixed you get the change pushed out to you immediately
Login to Me Too

droiddreams
Contributor
Contributor

If it helps, someone posted about this on Reddit too and supposedly someone managed to get a dev response. Said it was a known issue that they're working on. That said, my sister uses android and it worked just fine for her today while mine continues to just shut down.

Login to Me Too

NYCRUDS
Contributor
Contributor
This has been happening to me too for 3 days now. Has anyone had this problem solved?
Login to Me Too

Bosco13
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t been ably to use this feature for a week. Paypal said that they opened a tech help ticket regarding this problem, but I still haven’t heard from them, and as of 2/18 10:00AM, it still doesn’t work.
Login to Me Too

Kwasch-
Contributor
Contributor
I am also having this issue for the past week. Hopefully they get this resolved soon.
Login to Me Too

Gandalf337
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah the fact it’s been almost a week and there has been no change is hot garbage.
Login to Me Too

Kwasch-
Contributor
Contributor
I just got a reply from PayPal stating 2/21 is the resolution date. I guess we will see. On a side note they mentioned I could use my PayPal card to load cash at a store. Does anyone know any store that will allow you to swipe your card for cash load ? My experience is Walmart only takes the barcode.
Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @Kwasch-,

That's a great question. You can add cash to your PayPal account at the register with the PayPal cash card, here's how. We hope this helps. 

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Bosco13
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I didn’t know about this method of cash loading. I’ll give it a try.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.