A friend wants to pay me money but does not have a paypal account. Possible?

Etzel375
Contributor
Contributor

A friend in Mexico  needs to pay me money using a credit card, but he does not have a paypal account.

Mine is a U.S. paypal account and I also have mexican pesos as a registered currency..
Is this possible? What does my friend have to do?

hanks for any help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Etzel375 

Send a PayPal invoice and sender can use the credit/debit card option under the login fields.

Make sure you have PayPal account option enabled in your account:

Account Settings > Web Payments > Website Preferences > PayPal account option

Commercial rate fee/applicable currency conversion fee will apply to receive the money. The payment may be put on hold for up to 21 days. You can get them released.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Etzel375
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!
When I am selling my services, what is the difference between sending an invoice to a client and sending a paypal.me link?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Etzel375

Welcome back to the Community! 

When you send a PayPal.Me link, the customer will need a PayPal account to complete the payment. PayPal.Me is open to all account types, however business accounts can only accept Goods and Services payments. To make a payment through PayPal without opening an account, you'll have to have the recipient send you an invoice or money request. This means you'll receive an email with either a detailed invoice, usually if you're paying a business, or a simple note explaining what the money is needed for.

I hope this helps! 

Craig 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.