Unauthorized Account Access

PayPal_AshleyP

If you think that someone has used your PayPal account without your permission, report it to us immediately so that we can help!

You can report an unauthorized transaction to us by following these steps:

For transactions that do not involve the PayPal Debit MasterCard, use the form here.

For transactions that do involve the PayPal Debit MasterCard, log into your PayPal account, go to the account overview page and select the transaction details for the transaction that you wish to dispute. Once selected, you can then follow the prompts for disputing this transaction.

Once your unauthorized claim has been filed, we will review it and refund any transactions that are found to be unauthorized. In the meantime, you will want to change your password and security questions to prevent any further unauthorized activity from taking place on your account.  

To prevent unauthorized activity, it is important to protect your computer and mobile devices from vulnerabilities and to have a strong password that is unique to PayPal. I've included some articles below that highlight ways to protect your devices, as well as, tips for creating a strong password.

System Security 

Password and PIN Security

Ways to Protect Your Information

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.